What is perhaps the best way to run Jupyter notebooks on your local machine and in the cloud? Probably running your notebooks inside a Docker container. This ensures that your notebooks will run smoothly regardless of the OS or configuration of the host machine. And it makes installing and configuring Jupyter notebooks a breeze.
- Using Docker to create a data science container has many advantages over installing Jupyter directly on your machine.
- Configure your data science Docker image in a Dockerfile.
- Use docker build to create an image and run your image using docker run.
- Run your image using docker run.
- Don't forget create a Docker volume as a persistent storage option for your notebooks