You might have heard about a Graph Database once or twice. They are really gaining traction and it's one of the fastest growing database technologies. But what can it do for you as a digital marketeer? In this video I'll introduce you to the concept of graph databases and go over a couple of use cases.
- Graph Databases are designed to work with a graph data model.
- Entities in a Graph Database are called nodes.
- Relationships between entities are called edges.
- A Graph Database uses a specific query langauge like Gremlin or Cypher.
- Graph Databases can uncover relationships that traditional databases can't.
- Marketing attribution and recomendation engines are good use cases for a Graph Database.